- My friend/workmate Shelly got engaged on Sunday!!! I actually know her boyfriend too, he's kind of a casual friend, but he's pretty cool, and I am SO stupidly happy and excited for them :-D. They've been together for a couple of years now, and because Shaun's visa runs out in a couple of months, Shelly was planning on moving to Australia to be with him later on this year - marriage would eventually be on the cards, though never this soon, but it just kinda happened anyway, and I couldn't think of a better couple for it to happen to. YAAAAAAY!!!
It's their engagement party tomorrow night, and luckily I've managed to swap my 1-10 shift for an open, so I'll be able to go along earlier, woo-hoo!
- Work actually hired ELEVEN
new people this week, and they're all getting inducted next Wednesday. It's going to be mental trying to train them all - 11!!! But we need more people for over Easter, so hopefully it'll work out for the best, especially if it means we'll have extra staff for the craziness of the holidays. I might have to help with the training, which I'm not looking forward to, haha, but we'll see what happens. I just can't get over the fact there's this many all starting at the same time, hectic doesn't even cover it.
- I changed my availability at work last week too, and told Gosia (the manager who does the rota), that I could work Fridays and Tuesdays aswell as my normal weekends, since I'm not at uni then, so of course she gave me hours to cover all the days starting from the new week, which was today, haha. It's fine though, I only have two more essays due for uni, so I should be able to balance those with working, and after they're done, I'll work more anyway, since I can always use the money. I did a fair bit of shopping this week so spent a bit more than I intended :-S. But I have pretty clothes, it's worth it! I think...Anyway, as for uni itself, I've been really bad and lazy with going to class lately. But because I'm in so little, it's just really easy to think all the effort in going in isn't worth it, and that I'm better off just being at home. I dunno, I only have a couple of weeks left of this semester anyway, so I'm going to try and be good with going, I might since there's not long to go!
- It was Ali's birthday yesterday, but she wasn't doing much except just having people over in the evening, chilling and ordering food, so I baked for her during the day. I made double chocolate brownies, cookies, biscuits, and lemon and orange fondant sweeties, and I have to say, it was all pretty damn good! ;-) I'm in the mood to bake some more, I need to start with the learning how to cook somewhere, haha. Maybe this'll encourage me.
- Mumford & Sons are amazing ♥ Is anyone else into them? I got the album recently and I love it, their music is just so pretty and calm and happy-making, it's just lovely! I can't stop listening to Dust Bowl Dance
and The Cave
especially, they're such gorgeous songs. This band is definitely recommended for anyone who likes folksy/chilled guitar sort of music!
I think that's about it, I just wanted to do a quick post since it'd been a few days, and with the busy-ness of this weekend, I wasn't sure when I'd be able to get on and post again. Hopefully catch youse soon, have a good weekend! ♥